What is the throttle position sensor and how does it work? In today\'s engines, with their strict emission controls, computers are in charge of But when you have a bad throttle position sensor, the engine computer is no longer getting the right information, and may be unable to correctly interpret...
2007 chevy colorado thermostat replacement
- Test your Silverado O2 sensor using this handy How To Guide and fix your Chevy Silverado OBDII check engine light. It could also be a LIGHT GREEN wire as well but the position of PIN C is the same. Do you have power and ground but your upstream oxygen sensor is still giving you problems?
- I Need a few more BAD/DEAD Throttle Position Sensors to continue my study. Willing to purchase them from anyone who has them. Could you please explain this procedure taken from your above post: "After you do this I will tell you how to test your ECU circuit that sends and receives the TPS...
See full list on chevroletforum.com
- Mar 17, 2011 · This article will also help you to troubleshoot the following diagnostic trouble codes: P0340 (Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit) and P0341 (Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance). If you need to know if this camshaft position sensor test applies to your specific 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L GM mini-van, pick up or SUV, take a look at the ...
Feb 26, 2008 · Re: extream high idle problem on 1990 chevy 1500, 4.3 v6 TBI Good afternoon. Yes the pcv valve circuit you decribe is correct.You might call it flow thru filtered crankcase ventilation.TPS is throttle position sensor-probably 3 or 4 wire sensor at throttle linkage.
- It needs a Throttle Position Sensor. The part is $37. Do I need to take my truck to a mechanic, or is this I have a 99 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8 5.3L 4x4. I took it to Schucks for the Check Engine Light today. If it is something I can do myself, where exactly is it located, and how do I replace it?
Dec 15, 2007 · The ses light goes off usually by end of the day ( or after few hours ). When scanned by chevy tech showing code P1516 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance. I have new battery with new main cable. TAC Module was cleaned. Need some help with this issue. Thank you.
- May 09, 2014 · I had that issue with my 2011 Chevrolet Silverado back in March 2013 when I had around 50,000 miles on my truck. Since I was out of town 8 hours from home, I limped it to a Chevy dealer. The tech found I had a faulty throttle position sensor. They replace the TPS sensor, reset the idle speed and reprogram the computer, as the invoice stated.
Hello everyone Here's how to replace your throttle position sensor on your Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3Lif this was helpful please hit the thumbs up buttonI accidenta...
- Tighten the bolts just enough to allow the new sensor to slightly move back and forth for final adjustment. Plug in the sensor connector and clip wire-piercing probes on the center and left wire. Turn on the ignition and set the voltmeter to the 12-volt scale. Adjust the throttle sensor, with the throttle completely closed, to 0.5 volts.
Throttle position sensor circuit A. Signal "ATP". » If the displayed value does not correspond to specifications: - Throttle position sensor - adjust the basic settings. ((exc‑f eu/aus/br, exc-f six days, xcf-w). - Run the engine warm and push the idle speed adjusting screw.
- Testing the throttle position sensor (TPS) to see if it has failed and causing a TPS diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is not hard. As a matter-o'-fact, to test the TPS on your 1.6L Honda Civic, you don't need a scan tool.
Third, it seems to me the crankshaft position sensor or the cam position sensor may be having issues. I'm unsure how to test these to see if they are the issue, so don't go jumping on these first. I know a stealership could scan these for you, but don't get caught up in the R-n-R game (Remove and Replace --- it gets expensive fast).